Nov 13, 2011

Anticipation: one of life's greatest pleasures!



Of course, still waiting for my beloved Filofaxes... you surely know the scene I'm talking about?

You know: restraining yourself from checking your mailbox obsessively, assuring yourself that if you play it cool they'll more likely show up today, visualizing the padded envelopes bearing your name, then trying to forget about it and deciding sometime around lunch deliberately not to check your mail today AT ALL, after all, I'm not their slave, am I (who am I kidding?!), holding your breath when opening the mailbox and leaving an exhausted sigh when Elvis JUST ISN'T IN THE BUILDING...
Well, I know I might sound shallow cute because of it, but then, I suppose, you just didn't own a Filofax yet! (Please, say it isn't so! Or just leave an email and I'll donate you one so you don't miss out on one of life's greatest  pleasures, i.e. camping next to your mailbox! I mean it!)

Anyway, this whole waiting scene made me realize once again what a pleasure it is to anticipate (nice) things to come.
I was puzzled so many times in my life when I realized that, despite loving the happy ending when it finally came, I loved the expectations and sweet insecurity and daydreaming about it even better! Sounds familiar?...

Therefore, I mustn't forget to stop and enjoy the waiting... because this is the time when you are at your free-est and when the things you are waiting for are still untouched by reality.


So in the meantime, I'll take my time and enjoy the wait, drinking its promising air...

No comments:

Post a Comment